Thursday 1 November 2018

Morse Ale

Morse Ale from the Civil Service Club, appropriately in Great Scotland Yard and not that far from New Scotland Yard down behind Whitehall.

With Dover House, the Scottish HQ in London just the other side of Whitehall. An association which is only something over 100 years old. So when did all these Scotland Yards and Scotland Places get their names?

The Morse Ale was a sensible session ale strength and apparently tasted OK. Contrariwise, while I might be a former bitter drinker who no longer has a vote, I always used to prefer branded beer which I knew and liked, rather than chance my arm on one of the many craft ales which were springing up towards the end of my bitter drinking days. Too many of these craft brewers were trying to hard to be different and complicated, for all the world like cooks on television. Thinking with my fingers, perhaps you get the same sort of overblown personalities in both trades. And paddling back the other way, I think I have tried and liked beers from this particular outfit before. See reference 1.

Reference 1: http://southwarkbrewing.co.uk/.

Group search key: kga.

No comments:

Post a Comment