Thursday 1 November 2018

String art

String art from the Goat of Stafford Street, which I am sure I have noticed before, but failed to trace the notice this morning.

In good company, with plenty of minimal art for sale in the fancy galleries round about, but somehow I can't see this one making it to the walls of one of said galleries. Perhaps the difference is that most of the stuff in those galleries does exhibit craft if not art; someone has clearly spent time on the stuff. Someone who usually knows how to make at least something out of the material in question, who can play to his or her medium. Something which whoever did the string art did not manage.

From where I associate to Hepworth's strings, noticed at reference 1. Strings which look a lot better in real life than they do in reproduction, at least than they do in my reproduction.

Reference 1: https://psmv2.blogspot.com/2015/07/armed-hepworth.html.

Group search key: kga.

No comments:

Post a Comment