Sunday 19 March 2017

Falling tree

A keeling over sapling in the western hedge of Horton Lane, coming up to the golf club on the left.

I thought to try tying it back up with a couple of feet of fan belt or some such lying nearby.

I dare say that once upright it would not have needed that much to hold it there and that in time it would have stayed of its own accord, but it was going to take a fair push to get the sapling upright again and I was not sure that I could both push it and tie it back single handed without damage (to me), so desisted. Would probably have managed with a proper rope, so perhaps tomorrow I will take a length out.

Not clear why it had keeled over, although the council tree tenders have been down the lane fairly recently, with their rather rough and ready methods. But no flail on this occasion, which was something - unlike coming up to the newly refurbished crossroads at Malden Rushett, from Epsom, where the council flail (or perhaps the TFL flail) has made a right mess of the northern hedge.

No comments:

Post a Comment