Wednesday 22 March 2017

Security

It is my practice, more from habit than from necessity, to destroy computing CD's - the sort with things like Windows on them - when I throw them away. I don't usually go so far as to break them up, which can be a bit messy as they are apt to shatter rather than to snap cleanly, but I do score them from the label side with a sharp implement, making sure that the scorings are coming through loud and clear when one turns the thing over.

So I am pleased to be able to report that the knives reported at reference 1 are just the thing. Short sturdy blade with a point and a comfortable handle on which one can get a good grip. With which I have just made short work of the half dozen or so CD's which came with my late lamented Evesham laptop, having only just come across its collateral, this last having been carefully tucked away in a place both safe and obscure.

PS: knives which are still in near daily use for the preparation of breakfast oranges.

Reference 1: http://psmv2.blogspot.co.uk/2015/10/autumn-cutlery-2.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment