Wednesday 6 June 2018

Duchy Original

From time to time I curse whoever it was who was responsible for the foil seals on plastic bottles of today's green top milk. Foil seals which come with pull tabs which all too often fail to respond properly to pulling.

Today's plastic bottle, called Waitrose Duchy Organic, rated a double curse. The pull tab came off without the seal and after some fiddling about with finger nails, I was reduced to poking a knife - one of my trusty, cut-price oyster knives from the Ryman shop in Marylebone Lane, noticed at reference 1 -  through the seal and then scraping what was left of the foil off the top of the neck of the bottle. All rather messy and I dare say microscopic fragments of foil have found their way into my milk.

I wonder what response I would get if I were to try emailing the Duchy Press Office?

PS: yet another artefact of image processing. The bottle is reasonably visible against the white background on this laptop, but is reasonably invisible on the fancy screen downstairs. Both screens say HP on the outside - but that does not mean that they both say the same inside.

Reference 1: http://psmv2.blogspot.com/2015/10/autumn-cutlery-2.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment