Tuesday 19 June 2018

Virus attack?

This morning, in the course of the last post, I was, seemingly, invited by Google to tell them what I thought about Chrome, with the chance of a prize. It did not occur to me that the invitation might not be what it seemed. The fact that I was using Edge, on a laptop on which Chrome was loaded but rarely used, did not surface.


I win my prize and click on the green box, to find that BT was awake even if I was not.


Once again, rather dispiriting to find that the fine bit of invention and engineering which is the modern Internet should be home to so many bad people. That we have to spend so much time, treasure and effort to keep them at bay.

I associate to the Middle Ages, when one huddled in hovels around a castle in the hope that the owner of the castle would provide some protection against the various marauders knocking about the countryside, in return for protection money, usually, in those days, taken in kind as specie was scarce. And we thought that we had moved on.

No comments:

Post a Comment