Tuesday 14 June 2016

A mixed day

The other day, around half way around the Horton Clockwise, I came across some twenty feet of narrow webbing, possibly made out of jute, that is to say the stuff they used to make sacks out of. Perhaps the sort of thing used to tie down heavy furniture in furniture lorries.

Then, down Longmead Road, I came across a large trolley, in what might have been in Sainsbury's colours, dumped in the stream. It was not convenient to recover it at that point, but it was marked down and today I went back, armed with the webbing and an umbrella, these last being needed to stop oneself falling down the bank of the stream while hauling on the trolley, quite possibly upside-down.

But sadly, someone else had been there before me. No trolley to be seen at all.

So I carried on empty handed, coming eventually to the garden at the front of Defoe Court, mentioned at reference 1, where I was pleased to see that someone had done the weeding. White foxgloves doing well.

At around the time of that post, I had inquired at the front desk, to learn that the building was run by Sanctuary Supported Living, which I think I then carelessly translated into the Sanctuary Trust at reference 2 - and to whom I had been busy enough to send an email suggesting that someone might do some weeding. But more careful googling today turns up a letter of complaint to what passes for a local paper about proposals to concentrate needy people on this site, a letter which suggests that perhaps I should have gone to Sanctuary Housing at reference 3, or perhaps their relation Sanctuary Supported Living at reference 4. While Zoopla talks of flats for sale. All very confusing, even before BH tells me about Sanctuary skin care products at Boots.

It is probably just a coincidence that shortly before getting to Defoe Court today, an older lady had stopped me to ask the way to somewhere, but forget where it was she wanted to go to by the time that I had stopped. All a bit of a muddle - but I thought she was safe enough. Hope so.

Reference 1: http://psmv3.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/water-revisited.html.

Reference 2: http://www.sanctuarytrust.org.uk/.

Reference 3: https://www.sanctuary-housing.co.uk/.

Reference 4: https://www.sanctuary-supported-living.co.uk/.

No comments:

Post a Comment