Monday 26 December 2016

A first selfie

A first selfie, taken to celebrate being able to dress up as a supporter of Manchester City, with a real scarf, authenticated as having been sold by the Official Manchester City Supporters Club Shop, to be found at reference 1.

I was quite impressed with myself, with it only taking about five minutes, without much help from Cortana, to work out how to work the backward facing camera - confusingly called forward facing in some of the documentation she turned up.

I associate to my days in university residence in what is now called Outer Fitzrovia, when a number of fellow residents came from Manchester and the surrounding area, usually supporters of either United or City, although there may have been a few Rugby League renegades. I believe at that time there was a religious angle with City being papists and United being prots - or the other way around. Perhaps some consequence of a large Irish contingent in the town.

I also remember my own brief visit to the town at around the same time, a time when great swathes of terrace houses to the south of town centre had been swept away to make room for modern flats in towers, with running water and inside sanitation. A sweeping away which had left rather a desolate landscape, certainly early evening, which is when I recall seeing it. More or less a desert. With the towers which came later now being swept away in their turn.

PS: resolution  on this side of the telephone piffling, with this snap only 350Kb or so, compared with the 5Mb or so on the other side. Not nearly enough to work out what the black splodge on my shoulder might be.

Reference 1: https://www.mancity.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment