Tuesday 20 December 2016

For the record - 1

A quick visit to the Barrowboy & Banker at London Bridge last week, the occasion for two Bullingdons. Probably more banker than barrow boy on this occasion, but busy and with the usually very efficient service, only slightly slowed down by a bar man who seemed to be on his first shift. Not up to speed at all. Perhaps they were short handed for the festive season.

I took my first Bullingdon from the very top of the ramp at Waterloo, not pausing to take a picture on this occasion as I was a little late. Off down Stamford Street. over to Southwark Street to drop off at the stand at the Hop Exchange, where I made it with a couple of minutes to spare. Fastest way to do the trip known to man.

Scored two Hanson mixer trucks and two long flat beds, one full of rebars, on the way. Nothing gets in the way of important city building works.

Same journey back, except that I had to drop off at Waterloo 2 rather than Waterloo 3. Plus an odd green light flickering in front on me as I cycled along in the dark, which turned out to be a green bicycle projected by the front light of the Bullingdon. Rather disconcerting. Did the light look like a green bicycle to oncoming traffic, to warn them to make way for a very important two-wheeled traveler?

Breaking the train journey at Earlsfield, I was pleased to score a quick two, more or less immediately on return to the platform, only disappointed that I was not able to convert it to a three, with the third aeroplane coming into view just a few seconds too late.

PS: the snip above, taken today from the TFL web site, suggests that it has taken me a year to notice this important upgrade to the network.

No comments:

Post a Comment