Saturday 3 December 2016

Trolley 57

This one caught a little short of the entrance to the tunnel under the railway which comes out at Screwfix,

I came across another a little short of the footbridge over the railway, after I had dropped the first off at Kiln Lane - where the car park was near full at around 1630 - but decided against return and marked it down for collection tomorrow. Maybe the trolley collection van mentioned at reference 2 does not do off-road.

Two planets visible again, one bright below the crescent moon, one not so bright but tinged red above and to the left of the moon. Consultations with google suggest Venus and Mars respectively. With Venus not being the Saturn I was thinking of at all - with it now looking as if the checking on my telephone noticed at reference 3 was rather careless. But I have the excuse of the small screen: better to rely on the big screen of a proper computer.

Which reminds me of another beef: HSBC have recently changed all their online banking screens, which is irritating in itself - and all the more irritating as one suspects that the changes have been made to make them more telephone friendly. Talking to my bank on my telephone is not something I propose to get into at all. Don't trust 'em.

PS: viewing the planets with the monocular when I got home was not terribly successful, not achieving much more than confirming that they were planets rather than stars. There was so much shake that for most of the time the image was a wriggling worm rather than a planetary disc. Oddly, I do not notice the shake when looking at the birds and bees in the back garden from the study window: maybe a bright planet against a black sky is more testing in the shake department than a bird against a bush.

Reference 1: http://psmv3.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/trolley-56.html.

Reference 2: http://psmv3.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/pets-and-more.html.

Reference 3: http://psmv3.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/fields.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment