Thursday 2 November 2017

Fake 18

Snapped in the course of our picnic at the RFH on our way to the Vaudeville Theatre, an outing which I am about to notice.

Substantial wooden steps which at first glance appear to have been fashioned from solid timber but which at second glance puzzled. Clearly some sort of laminate but I was puzzled by the ends, which did not look like any end grain that I knew, rather as if something had been glued onto the ends. Fair enough now, but were they doing this kind of faking back in the 1950's? Maybe all will become clear if I take another look.

The rather grander wooden steps of the main staircase up to the various levels of the hall proper were different again. More obviously a sophisticated version of blockboard as I recall.

No comments:

Post a Comment