Sunday 12 November 2017

Ofo

Our first sighting of an OFO bike, dumped unceremoniously in an alley off Oxford Street.

I understand that OFO have been successful in other big towns, some in the far east, but it remains to be seen how their stand-free operation will compete with the rather different Bullingdon operation in London, with its hundreds of fixed stands for pick up and drop off.

For myself, I am not at all sure that it is a good idea to have two large scale bicycle rental operations in the same space. Seems like rather a waste of money to me, albeit not, in this case, tax payers' money. Not to mention the minor nuisance of more street clutter.

In any event, given that it involves an app, I believe that I am disqualified by being a Microsoft telephone user. Not that I know anything about apps. But see reference 1 for yourself.

Reference 1: https://www.ofo.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment