Sunday 3 September 2017

Microsoft

This morning I came across a pleasing feature of the edge & bing world called 'pictures of the week', a collection of striking photographs from around the world, none of which I had come across before. Although BH knew all about the one included left.

Perhaps at some point in the future, when nobody actually cares any more, some anthropologist will write a learned paper about the strange & mawkish behaviour of the English with regard to the late lamented princess.

Perhaps there are busy anthropologists somewhere deep in China, far from western eyes, doing it already.

PS: in fairness, I should add that I once came across an adult white male, somewhere near Seattle, who told me that he had made one of his bedrooms into a shrine to said princess. Luckily, he told me in time, before I had got under way on the subject. So not just the English.

No comments:

Post a Comment