Friday 29 September 2017

Not yet checked

I last noticed the unexplained shooting by police at Huddersfield at reference 1. Hopefully I will remember to check again at the end of the year, by which time the complaints people may have come up with something.

In the meantime, I read about another shooting on the M25 near Bristol. I dare say involving another career criminal well known to the authorities. But once again, I do need to be reassured that shoot to kill, without giving the victim the surrender option, was a reasonable response in the circumstances.

I might add that I have no problem with shoot to kill, without giving the victim the surrender option, in the case of people who are, or who appear to be, terrorists. In which connection I hope that, given the presently difficult times, not many people are stupid enough to dress up as terrorists. I associate to an anecdote about someone stupid enough to make a joke at a bad time about carrying a bomb while checking in at Heathrow. He was given the full treatment. And then to a similarly bad time, many years ago now, at Edinburgh airport, when I had (unthinkingly, I hasten to add) put a large cold haggis in my hand luggage, which rather startled the security person checking its insides by hand, without being able to see them. He was somewhat mollified when I explained that it was a first class haggis, bought from a famous butcher, somewhere at the western end of the town centre.

PS: according to gmaps streetview, the western end of town centre is far too leafy and residential for butchers. Maybe Queensferry Street? More careful check needed.

Reference 1: http://psmv3.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/no-progress.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment