Thursday 24 March 2016

Fostering

A snip from the Waterloo platform at Epsom station. A snip which tells me that fostering can be seriously hard work - or they would not be offering more than £40,000 a year to do it. The poster doesn't say what the deal about consumables is, but at a guess the £40,000 includes some but not all of them. Maybe food is in but laptops are out. Maybe £10,000 a year altogether, so £30,000 a year, £600 a week for your effort; a full-time, living wage.

A wage I would think you would earn with a foster child - or person - with problems, perhaps at the edge of fosterability. Next stop some kind of residential care. Not a line of work that I think I would be any good at.

Perhaps in some future version of my telephone, I will be able to tell Cortana to take out the reflections. I don't suppose it would ever get the separation of the two signals right every time, but it ought to be able to cope with this particular snap.

PS: would the current version of Photoshop be able to do such a thing? Is layers part of the answer?

Reference 1: https://www.kingston.gov.uk/fostering.

No comments:

Post a Comment