Tuesday 17 May 2016

A bit of security

I was pleased to discover yesterday that google make use of their blogger product - the one which drives this very blog - for their own purposes. A use which suggests a degree of commitment; a degree of commitment which makes it unlikely that the product is, one fine day, going to go up in a puff of smoke.

Also pleasing to see google opening up plenty of their stuff to all comers. I dare say that in this they are keeping a careful eye on the commercial main chance, but it does create a good impression. I wonder whether I will get around to playing with their neural network toy? Is there enough quality time in the day?

And I dare say that, having found these two, I will come across others.

PS: I was amused to find that the Boaty McBoatface who has been in the news recently was actually a variation on a theme originally written by the chaps at google. See reference 1.

Reference 1: http://googleresearch.blogspot.co.uk/.

Reference 2: https://googleblog.blogspot.co.uk/.

No comments:

Post a Comment