Saturday 28 May 2016

Trolley 44

Earlier in the week I came across a group of three trolleys, just across the road from Epsom's strip club, just visible behind the pole, aka pole dancing venue, aka gentlemen's club - and, whatever the name, very handily placed for the headquarters of the dance division of the Laine Theatre Group. See reference 1. That apart, I am stumped for a story as to how the three trolleys found their way there - unless they had been collected up and were waiting for the van to take them home. Which does not seem like much of a runner.

I did wonder about whether I could manage to wheel three trolleys through the town centre, reasonably busy at the time in question and a trip which involved several road crossings. As it turned out the journey was fine, only attracting a few sideways looks.

The important thing was not to attempt to push the trolleys from behind if the pavement was sloping down either to the right or to the left, in which case the drill was to stand slightly below the trolley and push from there. This way the trolley carried on in roughly the right direction rather than veering downhill in a more or less uncontrollable fashion. With this behind me, I think I would probably be OK for up to about five trolleys, although at that number I think an agricultural rope tie might be a good idea.

No greeter on duty at M&S, so I was unable to attempt to wheedle any kind of a reward in kind.

PS: following a stewards inquiry, it was ruled that these three trolleys should count, for the purposes of the record as one. So trolley 44, not trolleys 44, 45 and 46 or even trolleys 44a, 44b and 44c.

Reference 1: http://www.laine-theatre-arts.co.uk/.

Reference 2: http://psmv3.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/trolley-43.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment