Monday 23 May 2016

QEH blows it

Begging letter today from the South Bank Centre in aid of the Queen Elizabeth Hall refurbishment.

I started off a bit annoyed by the headline about brutality, this about a building I rather like. Then I was pondering about how much I might give them, given that we do use the South Bank a reasonable amount, probably a lot more than average, when words about making the foyer even more accessible than it is already caught my eye. That is to say making the foyer even more crowded, busy and noisy than it is already, at times when we might be turning up for concerts. And I had hoped that they were going to return at least part of the foyer to foyer, not to say antechamberlain, purposes.

At which point the letter was scanned and shredded.

PS: I don't mind so much at the Royal Festival Hall, where they use the semi-detached Clore Ballroom for accessibility events. This venue being much bigger and much better able to absorb extras.

No comments:

Post a Comment