Saturday 29 October 2016

Trolley 56

Trolley 56 turned up in Epsom High Street, just past Pullingers, heading east; a Sainsbury's trolley in good clean condition, jammed between the railings there and a lamp post. As it happened Kiln Lane was on the planned route, so return was not a problem.

I passed a small person on the way who thought that my suggestion that she should ride in the trolley was extremely silly. But she was very cute and had a very nice smile.

No security device on any of the wheels and when I got to Kiln Lane, of the two of the same size that were already in the trolley shelter nearest the entrance, just one had such a device. The people noticed at reference 1 never replied to my email, so perhaps their security contract with Sainsbury's was not a great success and has now been discontinued.

No proper picture of evidence either as, as noticed yesterday, I managed to drop my telephone a little while later. Google is awash with people eager to help, so hopefully it can be recovered in due course, but in the meantime google offers this picture of a shopping trolley from a patent application. Was it a rip-roaring success?

PS: later on I tried asking google to search for this very same image, not using the PC from which I had got it in the first place and not using a filename that it would recognise. Although I was using my own name, my own Microsoft account and Chrome and it may have been able to check my recent browsing history for clues, although my bet is that it didn't. In any event, it turned up half a dozen or more copies of the very same picture, all from the patents world. Probably clever stuff!

Reference 1: http://psmv3.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/security.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment