Tuesday 15 November 2016

Knotweed

About six weeks ago, the day after my birthday as it happens, I passed a clump of Japanese knotweed in the Horton Golf Clubs hedge, along the north western side of Horton Lane, not quite opposite the Carlson Memorial; almost a notifiable disease of the botanical world. Feeling busy, I thought to go and tell someone in the club office, who was very nice about it and I followed up with a picture.

No reply and no action at the time, but this morning I find that the clump has been chopped down. Have they put anything evil on the stumps? - because it will grow right back next year if they havn't. I will watch with interest.

There is another much smaller clump a bit nearer the entrance, but I managed not to go and tell them about that one.

PS: I had felt sure that I had noticed this before, but cannot now find anything under any of the likely search terms. Memory defective again.

No comments:

Post a Comment