Wednesday 11 January 2017

Error

In  my post yesterday, at reference 1, I talked of a double cooker.

While I realise this morning that the proper term might actually be double saucepan, although google tells me that North Americans may talk of double boilers.

For the avoidance of doubt or misunderstanding, I now include a picture of the sort of thing I mean by a double cooker/boiler/saucepan. Google offers lots of them, but this one has the merit of being very like ours, even if the lid is missing - with an upside of this last being that you can see inside. The idea is that you put water in the bottom half and whatever it you want to apply gentle heat to in the top half, a top half which actually goes well down into the boiling water below.

The boiling water below then delivers the gentle heat required - although if you are doing this for a long time, you do need to remember to top it up from time to time.

The other requirement being less post enthusiasm and more proof reading.

Reference 1: http://psmv3.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/health-safety.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment