Friday 23 June 2017

Cherries

The cherries reported at reference 1 did not turn out terribly well, in part because I used too much water.

But yesterday I was moved to try again, this time 2kg for £6, from a stall in the middle of Epsom Market which I use reasonably regularly and which offers good value if not always good quality. With one of the ladies behind the stall reminding me very much of the lady who runs Sandie's flower shop in Pound Lane. I don't think I have asked her if she is related, so maybe I will get around to that one day.

These cherries were a full red but had lost the bloom of freshness. Home, I found them to be very cool, so presumably they still had the chill of the cooled lorry which brought them from Spain. They turned out to be very good, with about one of the two kilos done by bed time. Most of the balance plated up next door and so not in this shot.

I am fairly sure that Xeralba is a brand name from the people at reference 2, also responsible for nature's choice from Tesco. Strong links with Morocco, Tunisia and Algeria, hence the Arabic decorating parts of the web site. Also plenty of cherries as can be seen by cursory inspection of the agroindustrial tab.

Reference 1: http://psmv3.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/trolley-78.html.

Reference 2: http://grupoalba.es/.

No comments:

Post a Comment