Friday 29 December 2017

Materials science

Now tucking into the Comté noticed at reference 1. Reserve stock hanging from the roof in the garage, ready stock in the kitchen, illustrated.

The point being the interestingly smooth and curved fracture in the cheese, the like of which I have never seen before.

There must be something odd about the physics of this particular cheese, or this particular bit of cheese, to have generated such a thing.

Another oddity has been that not having taken Comté recently, having been sticking with my more usual Lincolnshire Poacher, the Comté tasted very odd at first: texture good but taste odd. I put this down to Waitrose shrink-wrap as opposed to Borough Market cut off the wheel, but now my palette has adjusted and it tastes fine. Maybe I had better get some of the Borough stuff as soon as this supply is exhausted to see what it then tastes like. Maybe a cousin of the business of my not liking the first sip, in a restaurant, of a newly opened bottle of a white wine.

Reference 1: http://psmv3.blogspot.co.uk/2017/12/fancy-spirits.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment