Friday 1 April 2016

Trolley 42

Things are looking up: barely a week since the last trolley at reference 1, another M&S trolley turned up in the stream running down Longmead Road.

Having spotted it on day 1, I returned on day 2 armed with a short pole and a long rope (blue, agricultural, many reef-knotted joins), ready to do the full boy scout thing - having on the last occasion needed the rope looped around a nearby tree to get the thing out safely. See reference 2 and the reference therein.

However, on this occasion, it turned out that I had rather overdone it, and the pole was quite enough to steady me as I pulled the trolley onto the bank, not very steep at that point at all. What was rather more work was wheeling it across the damp grass & ground, back onto dry land.

Then down the tunnel to Stones Road, through to East Street and so onto Epsom M&S, where they should have been grateful as there were no small trolleys left on the stand. Celebrated with a couple of new to me bottles of Chenin Blanc from South Africa, aka 'Land of Hope'. I have quite liked Chenin Blanc in pubs before now, but I don't recall actually buying bottles of the stuff before and we will see whether the 'quite likes' is sustained over two bottles.

PS: just through the tunnel, there was a quite decent looking Sainbury's trolley the wrong side of the fence. Easy enough to get at with the rope and a couple of longer poles, but I think a two man job for safety. One might struggle, or even damage the fence, by oneself, so I shall have to find a fellow trolley collector with whom to join forces.

Reference 1: http://psmv3.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/trolley-41.html.

Reference 2: http://psmv2.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/trolley-15a.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment