Tuesday 9 August 2016

Art commercials

Having done the contents of the art at reference 1, I go onto to the commercials.

Why would I pay $9,985 for a photographic image which I can display full screen on my computer - and so capture it for onward transmission? I suspect that if I were to invest in a big enough screen, I could get my pirated copy to be close to the resolution of the original. But then Saatchi may have included cunning wheezes in their display software to head off such threats.

Is the ticket price just a come on to get me to come in with an offer of half that and be well pleased with my bargain. A win-win situation?

What about if I approached Miss. Aniela direct? Do you give Saatchi exclusive rights by offering your art work for sale through them? I rather doubt it as Miss Aniela, turned up by google in very few seconds (see reference 2), looks to be a large and sophisticated operation in her own right. Bona fide, even, unlike the rather odd lingerie shop in Buckingham Palace Road, overlooked by my large office windows during one of the phases of my official life. Both shop and office long vanished I hasten to add, in case a curious reader should go looking.

On the other hand there are links to Saatchi from her large and elaborate web site. So, for example: 'SURREAL FASHION was born to hang on the walls of collectors, as its primary purpose is fine art. All pieces are available as limited editions in Giclée on Hahnemühle Photo Rag® Pearl paper, the most premium quality delivering Miss Aniela's art as vibrant in print as you seen onscreen ... Select prints can be ordered instantly on Saatchi Online'. How much more pretentious than that can you get? Do the prints come in frames with museum quality glass - for which you can pay a great deal of money if you get it from our local framing shop - I should say that I have never been moved to indulge, myself.

Is Miss. Aniela's main business fancy photographs for fancy ladies magazines, the likes of 'Vogue', with all the arty stuff just froth on top?

PS: the usual small prize is offered to readers who can find reference 1 in reference 2.

Reference 1: http://psmv3.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/art-contents.html.

Reference 2: http://www.missaniela.com/.

Groups search key: stc.

No comments:

Post a Comment