Thursday 4 August 2016

Picture

The snap left is a good chunk of an advertisment for BT - probably their much maligned broadband service (I have always found my own service from BT pretty good - quite good enough for my modest needs, whatever the regulator might say) - on the southbound, that is to say the homebound, platform at Earlsfield Station.

A striking image, not particularly because it is pretty or that one would want it on one's wall, but because I pretty much immediately began wondering how it had been made.

First assumption was that the chap at the front was someone that a football fan would recognise.

Second assumption, following from the first, was that the advertising agency - or whoever made the image - did not hire twenty or more recognisable footballers to stand in line.

Peering at the footballers closely, most of the strips appear more than once in the line. Maybe some of the knees do - although it is hard to be sure, even peering at the big image on the deskstop PC. Do I need to go back to Earlsfield?

Is it done by having a single model of a footballer, a footballer which can be dressed in a variety of ways using a palette of strips, boots, faces and so forth? Then just arranging them in a receding line. I am sure that there is graphics software about which could do most of this for you, with the help of a bit of drag and drop.

And another bit of software to do the blue froth & clouds, bottom left.

Maybe what I really need is the help of a Photoshop person who would be able to make out the tell-tale signs of how it was done. I don't know where to look.

The same visit to Earlsfield was also the occasion of a visit to Maciak to buy some more kabanos, long thin jobs, very properly wrapped up in white greaseproof paper. No shrink wrap here. I also had some fun getting them to know what I was on about when I asked for beetroot with horseradish relish. I had forgotten what it is called and they spoke very little English. But we got there in the end, even to the point of I am sure sir will like this brand better than that brand. See reference 1 for the last visit and reference 2 for one some time ago. Perhaps I don't visit the place as often as I might think.

Entertainment provided by the variety of sun dresses on show, it being a warm day, although not, as it happens, sunny. Muslim girls in various degrees of wrapping, all very decorous, all the other girls, from all over the world, in various stages of undress. The shortest shorts seemed to be favoured by the girls from Japan, China and Korea.

Reference 1: http://psmv3.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/dodgy-wholemeal.html.

Reference 2: http://psmv2.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=maciak.

No comments:

Post a Comment