Wednesday 31 August 2016

Neapolitan Kitchen

Last week to the Neapolitan Kitchen, the first visit for a while, probably since February of last year, although I do not seem to have posted on the occasion, despite diligent search in both the relevant blog and the old-style cardboard calendar with pictures chosen by somebody else.

I did not recognise the crew, although the manager might have been the same. At least one waiter came from Romania, from somewhere which I could not catch some way to the west of Bucharest, more or less the only place I can name there. The menu and wine list seemed to be the same, so I was able to get a fine bottle of Greco di Tufo, not widely available in this country. Partly because it was this very restaurant where I discovered the stuff.

Food as good as ever, in my case bruschetta, followed by pizza, followed by tiramisu. Pudding wine and almond biscuits. They still seem to make their own bread, pizza dough and tiramisu, which last was very good indeed. Bruschetta soft and sweet, how I like it, rather than crunchy, how I don't.

Restaurant seemed to be doing OK this Saturday lunchtime with at least two family parties with children. Hopefully, having been here for a few years now, it will survive. Known to the older inhabitants of TB as the King Billy, otherwise King Willam IV, a place I visited occasionally. The place has been opened up a bit, but still, recognisably and pleasantly, a converted pub.

Reference 1: http://www.theneapolitankitchen.co.uk/.

Reference 2: http://www.enodelta.com/azienda/. They have an e-shop but it is not clear whether they would deliver to the UK. Furthermore this particular wine seems to have gone awol.

No comments:

Post a Comment