Monday 8 August 2016

Google the geek

Two days running now I have had irritating rather than major problems with my HP laptop, a laptop which runs Windows 10 and Chrome, generally without fuss.

On both occasions I have typed the problem into google and on both occasions he up has come with some site or other where real geeks take the trouble to help out with the problems of the rest of us, and where one of them has posted the answer to the irritating problem in question.

For example, one might have thought that the New Scientist was a respectable magazine, being the sort of thing that conscientious A-level science students were told to read in my day as same. But now, unless you are more careful than I in your online dealings with them, you end up with small but irritating advertising pop-ups when you start Chrome in the morning. I didn't have a clue how to deal with this, nor did it seem to be quite the sort of thing to ring the BT help desk about - although I don't suppose that they would have minded. As it was I was, I got around to asking google the geek about it this morning and was more or less immediately pointed at the very place - notifications, deep in Chrome settings - which looked after this sort of thing.

Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment