Friday 9 September 2016

Housing

Central Bognor might be a little run down, but there is some very swanky housing to both east and west.

I think the snap left is the entrance to the Fairway, in Aldwick, in West Bognor, some kind of private estate with a management company - a company which clearly cared a good deal about the planted environment, although one of the trees to the right looks a little unhappy. I imagine they have the matter in hand.

In fact I don't think I have ever seen a housing estate quite like it before, at least not in this country. But it did remind of some of the gated communities that I came across when on important business in California - with the difference that here we do not have a proper guard house and they only reserve the right to control entry, rather than actually doing it on a day-to-day basis. I wonder whether they have any bother with drug fueled beach parties running on through the night? Do they manage the odd shooting, like we do here in Surrey?

Down side for us was that one could not easily get at the correponding stretch of beach.

PS: sufficiently swanky that streetview does not seem to work there.

No comments:

Post a Comment