Tuesday 27 September 2016

Trolley 54

From Epsom Coaches, I patrolled the length of the Longmead Road stream, eventually turning up the trolley which had kicked off the hunt quite near the Hook Road end, and which I must have passed, but not seen, just before I turned up trolley 52. Perhaps I did not make allowances for how different things look when walking the road in a different direction.

Snapped here after hooking it out of the stream, making it a personal best of three scoring trolleys in one day.

The only downsides were that, first, standing up, I managed to snap something important in the business end of the litter picker, used here for roping up the trolley from above. And second, I managed to leave the rope behind, all nicely hanked up. By the time I got back, it had gone, presumably picked up by a fellow enthusiast for string, twine and rope of all sorts. Let's hope the new owner puts it to a good use. Oddly I was much more irritated by losing the rope, of which I have large supplies in the garage (see, for example, that at reference 1), than I was by breaking the litter picker.

Happening to be near Screwfix, I was able to replace the litter picker more or less on the spot. A good place: one of the girls there turned up the litter picker in the household goods section of one of their huge catalogues in a couple of minutes and another of the girls produced the picker itself from somewhere inside their huge shed out the back in a couple of minutes more. Looks identical to the one I had broken, albeit in different colours and made by a different company. Or at least badged for a different company. While the cashier took the opportunity to give me a new customer card (credit card size) plus a partner card (one third credit card size).

Reference 1: http://psmv3.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/rope-1.html.

Group search key: trb.

No comments:

Post a Comment