Thursday 22 September 2016

Trolley 50

Following the advertisement at reference 1, I did indeed check East Street the next day, and the trolley was still there.

Collected for a very bumpy return to the depot at Kiln Lane. These trolleys are really not designed for use on public roads, with the mystery replacement front wheels (the bottom one in the snap left) performing particularly badly. The wheels suspected of being some kind of anti-theft device.

A bumpy enough ride to make one wonder why one would remove a trolley from its home, in the certain knowledge of unpleasant shocks to the wrists to come?

Otherwise the golden trolley, the fiftieth. Will I make it to the hundredth? My bet is that I will, with trolley collection seeming to suit me better as a senior activity than the litter collection which I think about from time to time, in part because one does not usually need to carry any equipment about.

Reference 1: http://psmv3.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/trolley-49.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment