Tuesday 6 February 2018

New wheeze

One of the minor bugbears of suburban life is getting one's morning newspaper blown about on its way home from the newsagent, in our case our local Costcutter.

So yesterday I tried out a new wheeze, in the form of a steel mesh clamp in which to hold the newspaper - which worked very well. The only catch was that I had walked the thing home from Homebase (about to be Bunnings Warehouse, provided Wesfarmer don't give up after taking a serious hit to their balance sheet on this account). It was just as well that there were supplies of cardboard at the exit so that I could make a carrying handle, as otherwise my hands might have suffered in the course of the walk, forty five minutes or so.

Maybe I shall ask the IRA if I can borrow one of their bolt cutters to cut the panels down, which would be much quicker than using a hacksaw. Although why retired IRA operatives should need to carry bolt cutters in the backs of their cars is beyond me.

Jelly lichen visible top left. A close up, albeit from some years ago and taken with an antique telephone, is to be found at reference 2.

Reference 1: https://www.bunnings.com.au/.

Reference 2: http://pumpkinstrokemarrow.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=britishlichens+choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment