Friday 4 May 2018

Late notice

That is to say a late notice of yet another pair of trainers, barely three months since the purchase noticed at reference 1.

Triggered on 24th April or thereabouts by one heel having broken down already, and the lack of stretch, which the salesman did warn me about, which was starting to make for hot feet now that the weather is getting a bit warmer.

Decided to revert to the Moab Ventilators of old, to find that the Mark I model has now been superseded by the Mark II model, with just a few oddments left of the old model, no use to me. A wheeze to jack the price up a bit - a price which, to be fair to them, they had held for some time.

Then I found I could not have the walnut (or something) which I thought I usually got and had to go for pecan, which for some reason I thought was some kind of a brown. Not really what I wanted, but go for it anyway, to find when they turn up that they were the colour that I thought was walnut, more or less as illustrated. Name confirmed by website, so where the walnut idea came from, I have no idea.

Let's hope I'm not posting again in three months. Seemed a bit mean to complain on this occasion as they were more or less free replacements.

PS: I regret the passing of widths for shoes. I have to get 12's for the width across the toes, but this means that the fit around the ankles is rather loose. Yet another case of the suppliers and consumers between them trading quality for variety.

Reference 1: http://psmv3.blogspot.co.uk/2018/01/kingston-upon-thames.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment