Sunday 13 May 2018

YouGov

I continue to answer question for YouGov about once a fortnight or so. Mainly, I suppose, because it is interesting to see what they are interested in.

For me, one of their sillier lines of inquiry is brand awareness. So having admitted that you have heard of maybe 20 brands from various sectors, they then go on to ask all kinds of questions about one's attitudes to these brands, questions which seem to be predicated on a deep and abiding interest in them. That I spend acres of quality time pondering about them and talking about them with family, friends and anyone else I come into contact with. I generally just click through it all, maybe pausing for so long as to admit that I would be embarrassed if a member of the family owned up to working for the Wood Green animal people.

What would be interesting, would be to be told what use the YouGov statisticians (I assume they employ such people) make of all this stuff. Do they know or care that Homebase is now owned by an Australian company. That Toys R Us are on the way out? That Staples has split into two? Is that why they are asking about them?

In the margins, I was also interested to learn that the Wood Green animal people have spread beyond their original home in Wood Green, the place where we once lived and which is now blighted by gangs and knife crime, with sundry branches scattered about the south of England and with a large branch at Godmanchester, in Cambridgeshire, a small town which we used, in my childhood, to drive through most Sunday afternoons on our way to visit an important aunt. A truly national brand.

Reference 1: https://www.woodgreen.org.uk/.

No comments:

Post a Comment