Sunday 29 July 2018

Branch down

The wind only brought a few twigs down in our garden, but did rather more damage down Longmead Road.

With this snap not capturing the raw white of the break at all well, which had been very striking in the dull light of today's noon. Where has all the yellow come from? Yellow which is all present and correct when one zooms in on the original 8.63Mb, so it must have come from Cortana, rather than from Google.

I noticed in passing that the giant sequoias of reference 1 are still alive and reasonably healthy looking, although the rather naff posts with sackcloth ribbons are starting to come apart. I shall take a closer look next time I am down - and maybe I will find that a biology class from the school opposite are taking an interest, as suggested.

PS: having taken a little drink (from Majestic), I am very impressed that I can correct this post, and that I can view the corrections, in another window, more or less instantaneously. Which must amount to a fair amount of trans-Atlantic traffic. C&W still rules! But maybe peanuts compared with all those YouTube clips of people in leisureware on Love Island whanging around the world. That burns up serious bandwidth.

Reference 1: https://psmv3.blogspot.com/2018/03/sequoiadendron-giganteum-in-focus.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment