Saturday 25 August 2018

Biscuits

Earlier in the week, I was in the market for a ready made dessert, and it not being convenient to go to a proper cake shop, I thought of confectionary and biscuits.

For no particular reason, I thought to try M&S first, rather than the Waitrose next door, to discover there what seemed a much larger selection of such stuff than Waitrose offered, despite the shops being of roughly equal size. Maybe the difference is that Waitrose does more regular grocery - for example the flour I use to bake my bread - than M&S, with this last being more focussed on the luxury, convenience and ready-meal end of the food market.

The half price label on a pile of blue tins caught my eye, so for just £5 I acquired near 600g of biscuit. Biscuit which was, roughly speaking, quarter flour, quarter butter, quarter chocolate and quarter more tricky ingredients. Maybe 3,000 calories (kcal) in all, getting on for our total requirement, as not terribly active pensioners, for a day.

Disposed of in two shifts, over two days. So perhaps not something to make a habit of.

At least on this occasion we had the excuse that we needed something to put our more usual digestive biscuits in. Not very cool to use a plastic tub, even if such a tub has a much better seal.

No comments:

Post a Comment