Friday 31 August 2018

Still more slacking

The two trolleys noticed the other day have vanished. But the place at which I captured trolley 159 is now taken by another trolley, perhaps one of the original two. The wheel lock is deployed, so quite possible.

And the length of something metallic has been pulled out of the bush where I had left it.

And we have what looks like the wreck of a two wheeled vehicle, species unknown.

The wheel lock deterred capture: wheeling such a trolley the length of Kiln Lane is one thing, wheeling it from Longmead Road, via home for a wash and brush and then back to Kiln Lane is too tall an order. A wheelbarrow would be possible but conspicuous - but maybe if I had some kind of two wheeled contraption I could use to get the front wheels off the ground?

Serious thought required.

PS: I should add that trolley 159 was returned to Kiln Lane yesterday, nearly as good as new. I rewarded myself with 500ml of Calvados from Val d'Auge, the only sort they do: 'Sainsbury's Calvados Pays d'Auge XO 12 yrs, Taste the Difference 50cl'. Curiously, if I ask Bing for 'sainsburys calvados', hit one was a message from Sainsbury's suggesting that I do something with my Java setup and all the other hits were from other outfits, either suggesting that I go to Sainsbury's or offering a rival product. I was reduced to going into their website by hand. Without checking, I think Waitrose and M&S manage these things rather better.

Group search key: skc.

No comments:

Post a Comment