Wednesday 1 August 2018

Failures

First, failure to centre the trolleys in the snap. My excuse was that the bright sun was behind me and I could see nothing on the screen of my telephone, so getting the snap at all was a matter of guesswork.

Second, failure to capture any of these trolleys, from the M&S food hall across the road. Half a dozen or more of them left at the entrance of the tunnel through to the station and the station bus stops - these last being, I imagine, why this is a good spot for trolleys. Unfortunately, someone, perhaps the M&S trolley jockey, had chained them all together and I needed a token or a pound coin to break the chain, moving them in toto not being a practical proposition, not for me anyway. I did not have a token on me and it did not occur to me to use a pound coin - and even if I had thought of this last, I don't think I would have used one, it somehow seeming a bit naff to spend real money on this particular amusement.

Third, failure to capture the loose M&S trolley outside Wilko. This one was boxed in by a pillar in front, by contractors doing something to the pavement on one side and a smoker on the other, and I did not have the brass to ask the smoker to move.

Not a good start to the day.

I think that tunnel ones were still there yesterday, so perhaps today I will take in a token, trolley jockey possibility notwithstanding. Perhaps the one recovered and noticed at reference 1.

Reference 1: https://psmv3.blogspot.com/2018/04/fake-31.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment