Monday 20 August 2018

Felicity's favourites

Reese's Pieces, first noticed at reference 1, were a great hit with the newest member of the family yesterday. After a certain amount of oral investigation - not being familiar with either Smarties or Smarties' shaped sweets - she decided they were the business, christening them 'bubbles'.

So much of a hit, that a bit later on, half waking from her siesta, she was heard to mumble about '... more bubbles, more bubbles ...'. No doubt smiling blissfully to herself.

I associate now to the subsidiary padre in Ċ vejk, Father Lacina, who starts, in somewhat different circumstances, mumbling in his sleep about onions. Page 316 of my Penguin edition, from which I quote: '... 'You've put the onions in already, sir', said the volunteer. The corporal looked at him in desperation ...'. Can't think where my (yellow) Heinemann copy has got to. I would not have thought that I would have culled this old treasure.

Reference 1: https://psmv3.blogspot.com/2018/07/trumps-favourites.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment