Wednesday 4 October 2017

Braces hunt

The braces hunt which failed and which was noticed at reference 1, has been continued here at Epsom over the past couple of days. Yesterday I tried our fancy outfitter, Lester Bowden (recently emerged from administration), and while he had braces, they did not have fittings suitable for the large key rings I use to attach them to my trousers - having found the clips that come with braces rather unreliable.

But today I tried our branch of Moss Bros, and they could do the business, at a fraction (say a quarter) of the price charged by Crombies of Saville Row. No choice of colour and nothing like as nicely made, not a luxury product at all, but I dare say they will do. At least they will do when I have managed to buy another large key ring, my stock of such being down to two. Hopefully I won't have to wait until our next visit to the other island, where I was suited by Hursts, the sort of old-fashioned ironmonger which is getting quite rare here on the mainland.

PS: Thursday: key ring hunt now successfully concluded; barely a hunt at all. Fail in Robert Dyas where they only had the wrong sort of key ring, succeed in the key and heel kiosk by the entrance to the Ashley Centre by Wetherspoon's. Which had key rings which were identical to the ones that I am wearing and was probably the place where I bought them. Bought four more, which should keep my trousers up for many months.

Reference 1: http://psmv3.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/wigmore-two.html.

Reference 2: https://hurst-iw.co.uk/.

No comments:

Post a Comment