Thursday 26 October 2017

Trolley 101a and 101b

Spotted the day before and captured yesterday, outside Epsom Station. Only scored as one as the two trolleys were part of the one capture. But it was an opportunity to deploy the trolley jockey's strap noticed at reference 1. As a result of which I learned that it is indeed easier to wheel two trolleys at once when they are strapped together.

First stop Wilkinson's which I had thought was the home of the white handled trolley, to find that it did not fit in their stack. At which point I removed the white handle wrapper to reveal Sainsbury's colours. Work my way out of the shop with trolley and without purchase, no mean feat, to pass an older gentleman who appeared to be wearing the curiously striped blue, black and white blazer from my old school, but he passed on too quickly for me to intercept him. I vaguely recall something of the sort happening before, and it turning out that it was not the blazer I thought it was at all. Perhaps it was the same older gentleman,

Second stop M&S where their trolley did not fit in their stack either. I spoke to a shelf filler who explained that it was probably the trolley they used in the shop for newspapers and which had been pinched a few days earlier.

Off down East Street with the Sainsbury's trolley, to pass someone riding a Bullingdon on the other pavement. What was the story? A stunt? Not a stunt which would cost a great deal as it could be done in a few hours and only cost a tenner or so in rental. Too far away to intercept this one either.

And so onto Sainsbury's.

Reference 1: http://psmv3.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/train-spotters.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment