Sunday 31 July 2016

Trolley 45

A Sainsbury's trolley, spotted yesterday in the stream down Longmead Road and recovered this morning - having remembered to go out with a length of agricultural rope, a pole and a butcher hook. This last turned out to be unnecessary as I was able to loop the rope through the handle with the pole and did not have to resort to fishing with the hook.

To add interest, I took the trolley back to Sainsbury's via the foot bridge over the railway between Epsom Coaches and West Street. Getting it over the bridge was a touch awkward, but one got the hand of the necessary action soon enough.

At Sainsbury's, I thought to be helpful by telling the trolley jockey that this one had been in a stream and that it might be an idea to wipe the pond weed off the front of the basket before a customer got to it. The jockey seemed rather frightened of me, never mind about replying, or even acknowledging my presence. I thought sub-normal rather than foreign. So good for Sainsbury's for giving him house room.

The first for two months.

No comments:

Post a Comment