Sunday 4 March 2018

Fake 26

In the course of the visit to Prezzo noticed at reference 1, we spent a little time pondering the floor, illustrated left. A version of the fake shed décor offered by Rossopomodoro and noticed at reference 2 - with fake shed not being quite the thing as far as BH concerned: 'I grew up in a world where shed was all there was and now I prefer to do better'.

That being as it may, this particular fake shed was hard to fathom, short of getting down on one's hands and knees and taking one's laguiole to it. It seemed unlikely that it was the original flooring. But did it come in sheets, three foot lengths or what? Was it genuine recycled floor boards, painted then sanded to look like this, or was it just a computer job printed onto sheets of MDF or something of that sort? I thought I could detect repeats in the pattern, suggesting sheets, but I would not like to put money on it.

PS: I might say in passing that my laguiole, with its blade made of some kind of stainless steel held its edge for longer than any other knife that I have ever possessed.

Reference 1: http://psmv3.blogspot.co.uk/2018/03/prezzo.html.

Reference 2: http://psmv3.blogspot.co.uk/2018/01/rossopomodoro.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment