Friday 16 March 2018

Trolley 132b

The trolley noticed in the last post was recovered this morning using the new grappling iron, its first outing - my having chickened out of the large trolley which was available at Christmas.

A little care was needed to avoid getting snagged or stuck, otherwise straightforward enough. Easier to throw than the DIY version; maybe something to do with its weight and balance.

Two young people with small children saw fit to compliment me on my public spirited activities, with one suggesting that I should knock on her door next time so that her children, who would no doubt be fascinated, could watch.

Moved a bit further down the stream to a place where I could dunk a piece of towelling (tied onto a bit of trusty blue agricultural rope) for cleaning purposes, wanting to return the thing to Sainbury's in a reasonable condition, without having to go to the bother of taking the thing home first. The dustpan brush I had taken was not much use, a scrubbing brush being indicated for the next occasion.

Passed another trolley in the stream as I turned into Blenheim Road, heading for the tunnel. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe they will come in three, like buses.

Reference 1: http://psmv3.blogspot.co.uk/2017/12/santa.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment