Friday 23 March 2018

Sequoiadendron giganteum

I like big trees, so I like sequoiadendron giganteum, also known as giant redwoods or wellingtonias, of which we must have a few dozen fair size specimens scattered around the borough. Yesterday I find that the council have planted two more of them down Longmead Road, presently three or four feet high. I wish them well.

Cortana failed to rise to the occasion with the only snaps, out of the thirty or so that I took, which were in focus were the two close ups of the label, and those were not great. Dark thoughts gathering about Samsung.

PS: I have not yet dug deep enough to find out whether wellingtonias are anything to do with the Iron Duke, the one so-named for the iron shutters he put on the windows of his house to keep out the brickbats of rioters.

No comments:

Post a Comment