Friday 25 August 2017

Hole in the wall

An unusually scruffy hole in the wall, belonging to the branch of Lloyd's Bank in Tooting Broadway.

Despite appearances, it took my card, processed my request for £100 and returned my card, all as it should be. But then the hatch through which money should have appeared remained firmly shut.

I was running a little late, so did not care to queue up to tell them what they probably already knew.

But their system was clever enough to know that it had not dished out the notes and there is no sign of the transaction on my account, as viewed through my own computer today. While the subsequent, successful withdrawal from a much smarter hole in the wall, belonging to the branch of Halifax in Tooting High Street, does appear. So all is well.

All this despite yesterday's Guardian billing Tooting as the latest smart address in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment