Thursday 24 August 2017

Trolley 84

An away day. Captured on the A24 between Tooting Bec and Tooting Broadway tube stations. A first, in that it was my first Boots trolley, a small one like the Co-op trolley at reference 1. An unusual, in that I do not often interact with trolleys away from home.

Walking from Balham tube station, I had not passed a Boots, so I decided that it, most probably, had come from Tooting, at least originally. It looked as if it had been outside for a while: you will get the idea if you click to enlarge and peer between the bars.

Pressed on to Tooting, through the crowds of late afternoon shoppers, and called in Boots the Optician, just by the Castle pub. The young lady I spoke to was quite amused by the whole business, the more so as it was none of her business. She didn't have to do anything, but she did direct me to the Boot the Chemist down Tooting Broadway, maybe a hundred yards away.

Wheeled it through the nice clean shop and pulled up at the pharmacy counter, where the young pharmacists looked a bit bemused. I think they hoped that I would just take it away again. But I persisted. It says Boots on the handle so it is your problem - even if you haven't used trolleys here for years. At which point a young lady management person turned up and wheeled it briskly out back. The young pharmacists looked very relieved, smiled nicely and hoped that I was going to enjoy the rest of my day.

I should have suggested that spending an hour on the trolley with a brush and hot soapy water might be a fitting punishment for the next person to be more than 20 minutes late for their shift, but did not think of that at the time, and so it will probably wind up in their skip out back. Shame.

Reference 1: http://psmv3.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/trolley-82.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment