Tuesday 10 April 2018

Delayed action

I noticed some delayed action by the brain at reference 1, and it is possible that something of the sort happened again today.

The custom used to be that on Mondays BH went shopping and bought the paper, while on Tuesdays through to Friday I bought the daily paper. This custom has been disturbed in recent weeks and on some days we actually talk to each other and sort out which of us is to buy the paper.

This morning, a Tuesday as it happens, was a shopping day but we failed to talk to each other and I, having completely forgotten about the custom, was all set to buy the newspaper at Costcutter.

However, while in Ewell Village, some way off Costcutter, I was prompted by something to take a look at my telephone. Hard now to be sure of the sequence of events, but BH had phoned me and left a voice message to tell me that she had bought a newspaper and Cortana had thought to amplify this message by sending me a text about it. I thought that this had happened some time, more than a quarter of an hour, before I got around to looking.

So was the brain storing up the low level interrupts involved until it had a bit of spare processing power with which to raise a discrete alert?

Reference 1: http://psmv3.blogspot.co.uk/2018/04/trolley-140.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment