Monday 23 April 2018

Riesling glass

Prompted by the glass snapped left, I mentioned earlier today, that it was proper in parts foreign, perhaps a café in Brussels, to serve Reisling in fancy glasses with fancy stems, perhaps with a touch of green about them.

Subsequent checking with Bing failed to confirm anything of the sort. Bing even went so far as to turn up the people at reference 1, who sell expensive glasses for particular sorts of wines and grapes, and whose glass for Riesling, while handsome looking, is not what you would call fancy at all.

What I can't do is turn up the corporate web site for these people and the best that I can do is the Wikipedia entry which tells me that they are Austrian/Bohemian and have been going since the middle of the eighteenth century.

PS: note the napkin masquerading as my handkerchief, middle right.

Reference 1: https://www.riedel.com/en-gb.

Group search key: bsb.

No comments:

Post a Comment