Monday 23 April 2018

Trolley 145

We spotted these two trolleys from Waitrose, up against the railings across the road from the Marquis of Granby, when we drove past them around 1930 yesterday (Sunday).

The Waitrose store is only a couple of hundred yards away, and it is a fair bet that quite a few people from the Chase estate passed them on their way to Waitrose in the course of the morning (Monday). But with no-one thinking to return them until I came along. Presumably the sort of people who think that these sorts of jobs are down to someone else, whoever this anonymous someone else might be. Perhaps the sort of people who would leave litter in the roads outside their houses on the grounds that it was not their job to deal with it: that's what we pay the council for. Probably forgetting that we do not pay councils very much at all these days.

My reward was that taking the trolleys back into Ashley Centre, where my GP surgery is to be found, along with Waitrose, reminded me that I had not dropped my prescription off, despite this being the primary objective of my morning walk. Without the trolleys it is quite likely that I would not have remembered before BH checked up when I got home.

Continuing in the tradition of reference 1, only scored as one trolley, as the two trolleys were tethered the whole time.

PS: I learned in the course of my first visit to Waitrose of the day, that tinned crab meat now comes from Vietnam, with John West seeming to have withdrawn from the market. Described as free swimming crab, which prompts the cynical thought that this means that it is not the sort of crab that one would care to eat if one knew what it looked like. Not the sort of crab dispensed on the Isle of Wight at all.

Reference 1: http://psmv3.blogspot.co.uk/2018/04/trolley-142.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment